Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Show and Tell: My Christmas Tree

It seems funny but I've only had an 'adult' Christmas tree for a few years.  I lived out of a suitcase for many years and when I was at home I just pulled out my little two foot tree from my childhood. 

Now I own my own house and have my own big tree.  It's a pretty big deal.  So far it's not super duper full of ornaments but each year I manage to add a few more.

Christmas Tree, Decorated tree, Canadian Christmas, Christmas traditions

Yes, it's a fake tree but it's pre-lit and it goes together in 3 easy pieces, so I love it.  I'll never forget the year that my grandma got a real tree that ended up having caterpillar cocoons in it.  As it warmed up inside the house the caterpillers started hatching.  euwwwww!  It sort of turned me off of real trees.

Besides, call me crazy but I think that trees are meant to grow outside, for a very long time.  Not sit in a little pot of water inside our living rooms.

Anyway, onto less controversial subjects.  I was a musician in another life (as in up till age 25, don't worry, I'm not getting all Shirley McLain on you) so alot of my ornaments have a musical theme. 
















Last year I started adding birds and icicles too.



















My favourite part of the whole tree is the topper.  I love the way it looks like fireworks exploding.



So that's my tree!  Now I just have to put some presents under it and it will be good to go.  I'm already looking forward to the Boxing day sales to find more ornaments to add to it next year!



I won't even bother asking you  if you prefer real or fake because I know it'll be totally split down the middle.  More importantly....what do you put on the top of your tree?  Do you have an angel, a star, or something more creative?  Leave a comment and we'll see which one wins out!
~Merry Christmas~
Did you notice that I changed the music in the jukebox on the sidebar?
It's full of Christmas tunes for December.  Take a listen!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog...

I have a cream coloured wizard on the top of my tree, he looks like Gandalf!

Trinity

Etcetorize said...

Now that is creative! Thanks Trinity~

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Such a cute idea! LOVE the topper! My own topper is a rusty cultivator blade that looks like a funky starburst. :)

Donna

Etcetorize said...

I saw your Christmas decor tour on your blog Donna! So very nice...and so very creative! Thanks for visiting~

AllieMakes! said...

I love the fireworks tree! Isn't it funny how we kind of have "graduate" to a real tree?? I was the same way a few years back! Tree looks great!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Marianne said...

I love the fireworks you've got going there. I bet my girls would love it too. I grew up with a star in the top of the tree, but then I inherited a spear from my grandmother and I have been using it ever since I got my own grown up tree.
Thank you for sharing at Holly Bloggy

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I absolutely love this tree--fun! Thanks for linking up.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...