Thursday, April 21, 2011

Inspiration Shot: Tiger Lily

After a little fact checking before I posted this, I slammed into the harsh reality that all my life I've been under the mistaken idea that the Tiger Lily was the official flower of Saskatchewan.  How could I have been so mislead!  The official flower is actually the Western Red Lily, not the one shown below~


In any case, I've been in a very orangarama mood this week, so I still love how this flower yells out from all of the greenery "Look at me!!"".  The petals are so smooth and such a lovely shade.  But watch out for the insides, they'll make a real mess if you happen to brush up next to it. 

This is one of the few flowers that I've managed to keep alive in my garden.  I can't wait to see what comes up this year!


No comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...