Friday, April 29, 2011

Royal Wedding: The Hats

Well, I worked on a great tutorial for you all last night and it came together quite well...until the very end.  Then I made an error that goofed the whole thing up.  So, instead of a tutorial today I thought I'd take a look at the Royal Wedding, which is what everyone is interested in anyways, so why fight it?

I didn't start watching until just after the Abbey but I did catch the whole scene at Buckingham Palace and the big kiss that everyone was waiting for.

Source
Of course, we all know by now, Kate's gown was by Sarah Burton at McQueen.  She looked absolutely beautiful (and amazingly at ease).
 
Kate triumphs in 'fairytale' wedding dress
Source
As did the rest of the wedding party and family.

But what caught my eye were all those crazy hats!  The best has to be these two:

Royal Wedding Crazy Hats
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
Source
At first I misread the caption on this photo and thought this was the Deputy Prime Minister of Britain.  She's actually his wife.  Somehow it makes this ensemble a little less outrageous to me.

Royal Wedding Crazy Hats
Source
Remember when Victoria Beckham wore a UFO style hat to another famous Kate's wedding (Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise) and got loads of backlash for it?  I think she was just ahead of her time...
 

Royal Wedding Crazy Hats
Sophie Winkleman

Royal Wedding Crazy Hats
Zara Phillips

 I'm not sure who designed the other hats but this blue piece is a Phillip Treacy creation.  I know we're all supposed to bow down to Phillip Treacy and his artistry but I really do think I'd go cross-eyed if I was wearing this. 
Royal Wedding Crazy Hats
Source

 If you had attended the Royal Wedding what would you have worn?

Big and bold?

Princess Beatrice at a previous engagement
or sweet and demure?


Kidding...

Sweet and demure (and doesn't block everyone's view from behind you) :

Chameleondesignscomau_fascinator
Source
Have a great weekend everyone.


1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Seeing the hats was a bonus to watching the wedding. They were so outrageous.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...