Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Show and Tell: Kids Christmas Shirts

I had hoped to get these out to my niece and nephew before Christmas but I just didn't get around to it. 

Luckily they're coming for a visit this week and it's not too late for them to wear them.

For the pink one I just zigzagged the trim onto the shirt and then covered the corners with buttons.

For the blue one I measured out the centre and backed it with some interfacing inside to stablize it.  Then I used chalk to draw a triangle, placed my buttons how I wanted, and adhered them with some light stick sewing glue.
Then I painstakingly sewed down each and every button by hand.  Actually, I'm making it sound like much more work than it was.  I enjoyed an episode of Project Runway while doing it so it wasn't all that bad~


I'm sure after their avalanche of toys they got for Christmas they'll be thrilled to open a package with clothing in it.  ha ha, kidding, I'll have to just hand them out so I don't get their hopes up I think...or maybe wrap a little something extra inside them.  I can't help but spoil them just a little bit~

6 comments:

Elise Engh said...

Cute shirts! I didn't realize there was such a thing as sewing glue- cool!

Unknown said...

So cute!! I love that you used buttons. I am going to have to remember this one for next year.

Gen said...

Sweet! I'm totally making these next year! Bet the kids will just love those! Cheers,
Gen

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

Those are super cute! I still have presents to mail, so don't feel bad!!!

Jill said...

What great tops! Love the pink one especially!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

Janel from NellieBellie said...

These are so cute! I especially love the zig zag...and its even simpler!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...