Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pretty Pillowcase Dress

You may have noticed that I haven't had a whole lot to post in the past week or so.  Someone finally turned on the switch and spring has arrived full force, so I've been spending most of my time outside cleaning up the yard and creating a beautiful space in my garden.  I can't wait to show it to you once it's all done.

But that means there hasn't been all that much sewing and crafting going on.  Luckily, when spring hit a couple of months ago and there was still snow on the ground I did create a few things that I haven't shown you yet.

Like this cute little sundress for my niece.


I just used up a remnant I had and this pattern from 1981:


I'm pretty sure I just used view D and lengthened it to use up as much of the fabric as I had.

I get to see my niece next month so then I'll find out if this will be a dress or a tunic.  I think it's a little long for a top.


I added some pretty vintage lace on the bottom hem to give it an extra girly touch.

And I just used bias tape around the armholes to get a nice clean finish.


I love the versatility of this style.  It can last a little girl for years even as she grows.

Do you recognize this fabric?  It was a remnant from this dress I made a few years ago~

1 comment:

Adorned From Above said...

This is adorable. You did a great job. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
Have a great week.
Debi and Charly

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...