Saturday, September 27, 2014

Butterfly Monogram

As the cold weather starts to set in all of the pretty butterflies have flown off to much warmer climates, aren't they smart?  So, I decided to make do with some lovely paper versions I had in my craft stash.

Butterflies, Mod Podge Butterflies, Monogram

Here's what you need if you want to make your own pretty monogram art to put on your walls.


Materials:
1) Picture Frame
2) Sponge brush and Mod Podge (or your favourite adhesive)
3) Cutting machine or craft knife & scissors
4) Poster Board

Steps:
1) Cut 2 pieces of poster board to fit your frame.


2) Using just one of those poster board pieces, cut out the initial you want to use with either a cutting machine or print, trace, and use a craft knife.


3) On the poster board that you didn't cut, lightly trace your initial, and then glue your butterflies to the area.  Make sure to overlap the edges and try not to leave any white space.


You will end up with something that looks like this:



4) Once all of your glue is dry, simply layer your cut out board on top of the butterfly collage.


5) And place inside your frame to hang in a special spot.

Butterflies, Mod Podge Butterflies, Monogram

Now I just have to find a room in my house that isn't already taken over by butterflies so that this piece will really stand out.  I love how it turned out!

You could use pictures cut out from magazines, or scrapbust all those small pieces of scrapbooking paper or fabric that you've been storing.  I'm thinking about spelling out my niece's whole name, one frame per letter.  How pretty would that be in her room?!?

What would you put behind your initial?  Leave a comment below~

Check out another way I used these butterflies HERE.

3 comments:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Love it Tammy! so perfect :)

Mitzi said...

Nice project, as always, Tamara! Of course, thanks for sharing it with us at Make It Monday!

Antonella said...

This is a great tutorial, so simple and easy to follow! I love the butterflies.

I am stopping by from the Craftastic - Sew Can Do Link Party where I am linked up too with my Free Printable Thankful for Every Moment project.

Hugs,
Antonella :-)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...