Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Lace Dress

Well, I think someone out there needs to have a very fancy cocktail party and invite me to it. Otherwise, I have absolutely no idea where I'll wear this latest creation.

(Did you know that I'm
a blonde now?!?!)
I received the lace with eyelash trim from Wholeport (which seems to have disappeared off the face of the planet) awhile ago.  I knew I wanted to make a pencil skirt with it and luckily I had enough left over to make a pretty little camisole top to match.


I used the same old pattern I always use for the skirt.



And I pulled out this vintage pattern to base my top off of.




I almost lined it with some shocking pink lining but decided to go classy and use this lovely brownish taupe I had stashed away.


And look! If I really want to take it to the next level, I finally have something to wear my Reversible Obi Belt with!


Do you ever make clothes that don't fit your lifestyle just because you think they'd be fun to make?  Leave a comment below~

5 comments:

Sum of their Stories said...

Ha ha yes all the time! I have made so many totally impractical things over the years just because!
This is a beautiful outfit though and not SOOO posh that you couldn't wear it to a nice restaurant. I think you'll end up finding lots of occasions for it, it's always better to be over dressed than under dressed anyway!

Donna Wilkes said...

It would be the lifestyle you live in your dreams. Lovely dress. you are so talented. You look smashing as a blonde.

Adorned From Above said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. Have a great week.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Carolyn said...

Love it! And I agree, where did Wholeport go? I use to do their monthly posts with free supplies... Anyway, thank you so much for sharing your wonderful project on The Inspiration Board at homework. I loved your project and featured you today!
Have a wonderful weekend!
carolyn ~ homework

Lou Lou Girls said...

This looks so amazing! Pinned. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We love partying with you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...