Saturday, November 29, 2014

Make Your Own Nail Stickers

My nails were doing ok until I had to go and change out almost every bulb on my Christmas tree this week.  Now they're a wreck and I can't be bothered to paint them again.  My solution....DIY Nail Stickers!

Make your own nail stickers, DIY Nail Stickers, Nail Templates

Here's what you need to make your own stickers:

-Blank stick on labels and a printer
-Cutting machine or pencil and scissors
-images


Steps:
1) First find your images online and print them onto your label sheet.  My labels are 3.33" X 4" (shipping labels) and I just did some Google searches using phrases like "Small Christmas Background" or "Small Sequin Background" etc.



2) Now find a nail template online like this one from LifewithFaith.org


3) If you don't have a cutting machine just cut out the shapes, trace onto your labels, and cut out.  If you do have a cutting machine you can use the trace and replicate features to let your machine to all the work for you.

Import your image and then find the Trace options:


Click on Select Trace Area and move your pointer to select one section of the nail images.


Now click on Trace Outer Edge.  Once you've done this you can move the original image out of the way and just use your traced image.  You will probably have to readjust to fit your finger size.

Don't forget to Replicate another set by mirroring the image first.


It took me a few tries to get an ok fit. I was a little disappointed at first when they wouldn't stick but then I took off my nail polish and tried again.


Much better!


Try coating with a layer of clear polish to really seal down the edges.


So much fun!  These won't last more than one party, but I find the expensive ones from major nail brands don't do much better either.

What images would you put on your nail designs?  Leave a comment below~

7 comments:

Donna Wilkes said...

Such a cute idea. I wonder how well the stickers would cover my stained and painted (latex, not polish!) nails?

Sarah said...

What a cute idea. I'd loooove to get my hands on a cutting machine!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

this is lovely.. so pretty!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Wow what a great idea and you save a lot of money doing them yourself like that! I bet they will last a long time too. Have fun wearing them.
Julie

Alexandra EyeLoveKnots said...

How clever! This one is probably a little easier to put on and take off, and better for your nails than those nail polish stickers you get from the store.
Alexandra
EyeLoveKnots.blogspot.com

Sew Can Do said...

Interesting idea and they look as good as the branded ones. I've been bombarded with Jamberry parties lately and while they're cute, I'm a no-polish kind of girl, so I can't see spending that kind of $ or time to wear for a special occasion. Thanks for linking up to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do!

Lou Lou Girls said...

This looks so cool! I love it! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for being a part of our party. I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn’t be a party without you!
Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...